Conflict, change, and stress are a regular part of everyday organizational life. The key to employee survival is resilience, the ability to bounce back after adversity. Being resilient doesn’t prevent tough challenges from happening, but it does provide individuals with the strength and wherewithal to recover and move on time and time again.
Developing resilience is a lot like engineering a building to withstand an earthquake. It requires a solid foundation and a flexible structure that won’t crack or crumble under pressure. In human terms, it translates into self-esteem, connections with others, mental agility, and effective coping strategies.
Resilience: How to Keep Going When the Going Gets Tough offers individuals a blueprint for increasing their resilience. Aimed at developing confidence, support networks, achievable goals, and stress management skills, this course is a must for employees at every level.
Topic 1: Build a Firm Foundation
Topic 2: Make and Maintain Connections
Topic 3: Set and Achieve Goals
Topic 4: Accept and Embrace Change
Topic 5: Use Flexible Thinking to Overcome Obstacles
Topic 6: In the Moment Coping Strategies
Topic 7: Stress Management and Relaxation
1. Understand resilience and how to build your self-esteem.
2. Create awareness of attributes that make you unique.
3. Identify your support network and maintain connections.
4. Recognize how to set and achieve goals on purpose.
5. Recognize what is flexible thinking and how to use it to overcome obstacles in the workplace.
6. Understand how to manage stress and build relaxation skills.
Goial Setting Worksheet
# Quiz Questions